Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here's a question for the gurus I have concerning the difference in the GL1500 Goldwing rear wheels.

Will the rear wheels from a newer model Gl1500 fit the earlier model 1500 without any problems.?

I have an '89 model and the Honda parts list gives a different discription of the '88 - '89 rear wheels than those of the '90 and up. In particular the drive flanges are different and will not swap between the wheels, I have what appears to be a newer wheel and driveflangge from what appears to be a '90 or up Goldwing that was removed during a trike swap (less than 2000 miles on it). I'm getting ready to change tires on my '89 and wanted to mount the new tire on the extra wheel I have in order to speed things up is there any reason that I can't swap the older wheel for a newer wheel? Is there a difference in spacers, bearings, axles, the fitment to the drive hub oranything else?

I also have the complete drive assembly and drive shaft that came off the trike conversion, I had thought about servicing the unit and swapping the whole thing since it has basically no miles on it at all.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Good info Ram, Thanks. Guess I would have to get the caliper mount to change out everything may not be worth the effort, my bike has 89,000 miles and it isn't hurt, was just looking at extending the drive line life a bit while speeding up the tire change.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

TN roadrider,
Please check for a PM from me.
Thanks Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.