Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The tachometer stopped working on my 99 SE and after taking to my mechanic they checked the engine control module and all the wiring and determined that the tach was bad and the only way to fix is to replace the whole instrument cluster(very expensive) the bike only has 12,000 miles. Can you just change out the tachometer assembly or does he entire cluster have to be replace, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

The tachometer stopped working on my 99 SE and after taking to my mechanic they checked the engine control module and all the wiring and determined that the tach was bad and the only way to fix is to replace the whole instrument cluster(very expensive) the bike only has 12,000 miles. Can you just change out the tachometer assembly or does he entire cluster have to be replace, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,330 Posts
imported post

The tach is available new from Western Honda for 75 bucks.

I might question that dealer's diagnosis, too.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Yea definitely going to a differnet dealer for a 2nd opinion I saw the tach assmembly on the OEM schematic so having to replace the whole cluster did not make a lot of sense, thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks did not make any sense to have to replace the whole cluster when the tach assembly shows on the OEM for about 75 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.