Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:?hi i have just puchased 1500 SE,1995, 27000 mile,bike had full honda service history,but could not find any mention of belt change,previous owner just took bike to dealer for service.Can i tell by looking at condition of belts if they need changing or would it be best to change anyway;)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

I'm in the same situation except my Aspencade has only 12,000 miles on it. My bike did sit in a shed for six years and I plan on changing the belts this winter but it's something I think about every time I ride the bike.

Respectfully,

Ed

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

Once you get to the point where you can a good look at the belts you are 90% of the way to changing them. I suggest changing them due to age not miles and recording it in the manual for reference.

It's not that big a job and there's lots of help here.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

;)Thanks for that rudy,i will get the belts from automotive shop and get them changed along with coolant,oil & filter:waving:

G

·
imported post

I used rudys link and changed my belts in about an hour. It was easy. Yes by all means change your belts now dont take a chance with the old ones on it.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Allright... lemme chime in here. DO IT! I changed mine about a month ago using Rudy's instructions... not only did the bike run better. My mileage shot up from about 29 on a good day to an average of 36. On my trip to west Texas last week, I had two tank fulls that I did over 41 mpg. Phenomenonal!

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Rudy's instructions are top notch. Just follow step by step and you'll "get 'er done" in no time. My 91 only had 12K on the clock and changed them shortly after joining this forum. I like my valves nice and straight sitting in the heads, just like are supposed to be. I've seen some bent/broken ones outta some V-8 cars. For the money its cheap insurance. And yeah, I did the oil/filters/coolant as well. Use the Hondaline coolant.

Hope that helps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.