Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Up for sale is a somewhat stock seat( with driver air bladder) and a markland back rest complete with pouch and brackets to mount it with. Only reason selling this is obtained a aftermarket saddleman seat from another member and dont need this one anymore. The seat came on our 93 SE when we bought it, but does not have the cover in the pouch as some others do behind the passenger. The air bladder works very simply, if you want to soften the seat ride, just push valve on left side and it lets out air from under you. If you want to refill it, just lift up off the seat and it does it automatically. Seat does have one little tear on front shown in pics, other than that works fine. I am asking $150 for the seat, $75 for the backrest w/brackets, pouch and padded arm covers. If you want both will sell whole set up for $200or BO. This does not include shipping !! If you live in MN,IA, ND,SD,NE, WI,parts of IL or MO, I can ship this for under $20 bucks to you using a local cheap shipper. Anywhere else it will be much more obviously, but you will only pay actual shipping costs..Thanks for looking !!! PM me with any questions or call 515-twofournine-9881...Any reasonable offers will be considered...thanks

Attachments

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

pic 2

Attachments

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

pic 3, if u look closely you can see the air bleeder valve on right side of the seat(left side if you were sitting on the bike)

Attachments

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

pic 4

Attachments

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

forgot had a pic of it on the bike too...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Hi Mark. I'm interested in the backrest, is it in good nick and does the pad tilt forward to adjust as the angle in the picture looks a bit laid back for me? I'm in the UK and will obviously pay for shipping but have you any idea what it will be? I can pay you with Paypal if you accept that. Thanks a lot. John

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yeah, it tilts forward and that is an old picture taken at PO house before i brought her home, i didnt ride with it that way either...

I have no idea what shipping would be, but if you can get me your address via pm i can check into it..If your aware also of which carrier is cheapest for you let me know that too, ive never shipped overseas before..thanks for your interest!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

FYI...I sent a backrest identical to that one to Taffy in Australia and the backrest bar made it almost impossible to pack and fit into the package down to the size needed for international shipment size limits.
There was no way to make the box strong either and the leg ends kept wanting to pop through the cardboard.
Wasn't too cheap either, as I recall but we got it done, eventually.
Just a heads up on that...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Thanks Mark. PM sent.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

John J has decided to wait on backrest for now, so it is still available...Seat is sold pending payment...Thanks!!!

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

coolgto67-pm sent..thanks...

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Update, both seat and backrest sold pending payments...Thank you....

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks !! im sure some will disagree but its the fastest colors !! LOL

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Payment received on backrest...its sold....still pending on seat....

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

I have an identicle seat to yours and from the same year. Can you give me a few details on how the air bladder works???? Mine may have it and I never knew it!!!! Thanks.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

It has a little release valve on left side of seat as u r sitting on the bike, while your sitting on it you just push it, it lets out some air from under u therefore changing your sitting position...And to refill the bladder you can just stand up at a stop light or whenever and it refills.I had several 10-12 hr days of traveling this yr on that seat...

If you have the valve on the left side of your seat you would know it...its hard to miss, im guessing one of the 3 PO of my bike had it installed...

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
It has a little release valve on left side of seat as u r sitting on the bike, while your sitting on it you just push it, it lets out some air from under u therefore changing your sitting position...And to refill the bladder you can just stand up at a stop light or whenever and it refills.I had several 10-12 hr days of traveling this yr on that seat...

If you have the valve on the left side of your seat you would know it...its hard to miss, im guessing one of the 3 PO of my bike had it installed...
Got it. I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
John J, I'll take the both the seat and the backrest. My name is Frank and I live in Sycamore, Illinois 60178, my direct e-mail address is [email protected]. Can you send me a total with shipping. What type of payment do you accept?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.