Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I shaved quite a bit off the seat, but nos much that I bottom out...Trimmed the sides and center....found out that some of those "as seen on TV or worth the 5 Bucks...l.ol... like the kinfe that can cut througha cana and still be sharp, Worked grewat for shaving the seat...also used a sewing pin, the one with the colored head to ensure the depth of the cuts were eve opn both sides..worked great! The seat fits like it was customed made for me...oh wait it was made for me! By me! I talked to a custom upholsterer was going to charge me 200+ for the work that took me about 2 hours to complete at home...used an easyshot manual stapler and 6 mm staples to staple it back on...worked like charm. Thanks all for the info on how to get this done!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I'd like to see a photo of the finished work. Can you post one up please?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

open www.picnik.com

it will resize any picture and send it back to you instantly!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks..and didn't even cut myself...this time!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You did a nice job, looks very professional.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Agreed on all counts... looks nice!

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Job well done:applause:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

:thumbsup::thumbsup: more money for the gas tank now:action::action:. Next you can try replacing the foam underneath, I have 2 different layers & a gel pad topping them off under the cover, you are in complete control of your comfort :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

Good Job there "F-12" ..... Great Thread! :thumbsup:

As to seats.... I've reworked a few over the years, some use staples and staple gun to attach the cover back, some use rivets and there I use aluminum washers and rivets.

I did my 1200s seat a couple times before I finally broke down and bought a Corbin .... LOVE IT!

Now, I'mcurious as to how the most recent redoo of my 1500's seat is going to be this year on some long rides planned. Corbin isn't cheap and I am.

johnthebavarian wrote:
open http://www.picnik.com

it will resize any picture and send it back to you instantly!
Thanks .... I resize mine on my PC but I know some who will greatly benifit from this link!

:waving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.