Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow 1500 owners. Earlier this year I was replacing the shift shaft seal on my 2000se and came up with a solution that just about anyone with the slightest of mechanical aptitude can do. Many know the Gl1500 shaft is an area of concern since sloppiness and wobble contribute to oil seal failure, missed 1-2 shifts and the infamous 4th gear issue that forces some into scrapping their otherwise perfectly good baby. 4th may have other contributing factors but this will eliminate one of them. I developed and am now manufacturing a pivot that takes about 1 hour to install. No drilling or major modification needed. Can't be seen from the outside of the bike. Piece is made from 6061 billet aluminum and Teflon bushings. Never needs lubrication. Price will be in the 100.00 range. You will be amazed at how stable the shifter becomes with this pivot. Shaft seal replacement costs more than this solution.

I am just trying to find out how many might be interested. I am trying to follow the rules here so please just generate a yay or a nay.

Thanks Cliff,

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
sounds good !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cliff,

I have been following this on another board. You have my interest and I am seriously considering getting this. Looks like a good project prior to next riding season. Looking forward to further updates on your stabilizer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.