Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A friend rides a 1500 with a sidecar and is buying my my camper to tow behind. The problem is that the trailer is wide and sits too far towards the center line of the highway and he cannot compensate by moving over due to the sidecar.
My question is does anyone have experience with using an offset trailer hitch or other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

David:?

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

grandpaWinger wrote:
A friend rides a 1500 with a sidecar and is buying my my camper to tow behind. The problem is that the trailer is wide and sits too far towards the center line of the highway and he cannot compensate by moving over due to the sidecar.
My question is does anyone have experience with using an offset trailer hitch or other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

David:?
Yes, and I'm preparing to create one for my outfit. I had a centerline hitch on a GL1200 with a HitchHiker sidecar and Timeout trailer.

Valkyrie with a Ural sidecar and Bunkhouse.

XS1100 with a Dnepr and a Kamparoo (leesure lite).

Moto Guzzi EV1100 with a Formula2 and Napper camper.

My Aspencade has the hitch on the back of the bike, but it makes me way too wide. Another plus to the centered hitch is you only leave two tracks in the snow. Behind the bike, I leave 4. Really affects my traction in bad weather. What kind of a sidecar does he have? What kind of Camper?

http://webpages.charter.net/thelake/Motorcycles.htm

Mike

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I am the friend and I have a Hannigan Astro GT sidecar and the camper is a Shur-Kamp. When the camper is mounted on the bike hitch the total rig is over 8 feet wide!

I am interested in a center hitch and would like photos if you have any.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Ted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.