Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get slow jets for a 95' Goldwing? The bike currently has #65 but I want larger. It has a flat spot off idle. I put a rebuild kit in it but could only find the stock jet size. I hoped the new jets would solve the problem but it didn't.

·
Premium Member
58,404 Posts
Hallo Jwhpostal

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not replace the accelerator pump. It sprays fuel when the throttle is opened so I didn't think to look into it. I'll replace it and see if that does any good. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to give an update. I replaced the accelerator pump but it didn't help. A friend suggested I check the carb sync. I had synced them in the past with guages and knew they were spot-on. It runs much bether now after turning the adusting screw in just about as far as it will go. It runs excellent but the carbs can't possibly be "in sync" anymore. Does anybody know what would cause it to run so well with the carbs so far out of sync? The compression is excellent. I'm going to check the timing belts while I have the lower faring off. I'll post an update when I get it done.

·
Magic Moderator
4,225 Posts
At the top of the page you'll see a bar with 'Home, Forums, Active Topics' and then User CP
and it takes you to the page and on the left you'll see:
Your Control Panel
Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Customize Profile
Profile Privacy
Edit Profile Picture
Click Edit your details and go to Additional Information and fill it in and save it. I believe you have to be on a computer to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Does anyone know where to get slow jets for a 95' Goldwing? The bike currently has #65 but I want larger. It has a flat spot off idle. I put a rebuild kit in it but could only find the stock jet size. I hoped the new jets would solve the problem but it didn't.
It's been a while since I have worked on a 1500 but have you done the idle drop adjustment with the primary adjustment screws???

1988 and 1989 were the only 1500's to suffer from drive-ability issues due to carb rejetting... The 95's ran well IIRC... Have you checked to verify timing is correct??? Vacuum leaks???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not familiar with the "idle drop adjustment" so no I haven't done that. Can you explain what that is please?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts