Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All, My name is Carolyn and I live in Raleigh, NC. I am not new to motorcycles, but I am new to the wing. I just picked up a 1990 wing. The speakers on the right side (front and back) are not working. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should check? Thanks ahead of time for any input.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Welcome Carolyn. I will move this post to the Technical forum so the guys can help you.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

i first would check the fader control located a few inches behind the ignition switch for any loss or broken wires ,not to difficult to access this control. (turn the radio on after you get to it andjiggleit) to see if that whats stopping the audio freq from reaching the speakers .worst case channel gone but most likley not.let me know what you find. i have a 90 and revamped speakers front and rear with high output's in 07. denziel56

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi Caroyln and welcome to the forum as denzel said its most likely a loose connection if not the fader you will need to sit on the bike and just below the fader control put you hands under the neck of the radio and you will feel the connectors under neat in a rubber housing pull this towards you and make sure you have the radio on so you will tell if you make the connection by any chance have you a head set just to see if thats ok on the reception

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

I also think it is probably a loose connection. I replaced my air filter and now the right speakers don't work unless I hit a bump or press on the left side inner trim cover. One of these weekends I will add the AUX input modification and fix the connection. Probably will spray the connectors with some contact cleaner at that time.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

This problem is almost always due to a failed fader control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.