Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My '88 gl1500 has recently started stalling after riding over rough RR tracks or potholes (Chicago streets!). If I turn ignition key off then back on and hit the starter switch it starts back up. Was thinking either kick stand sensor or kill switch could be problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi mark the 88 had a problem with the bank angle sensor under the rear trunk and had a recall on it caused the same probs you discribe there should be an X on the right side frame if the recallwas done on yours

O and welcome to the forum

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

They have a tipover safety switch, BAS . It resets with key shut off.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Welcome Mark. Bank Angle Sensor is the prime suspect, the symptoms you describe are a sure indicator.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

you can try rapping on it..to loosen it up....but i think they are sealed too....i had that for a while and prob went away after fidging with it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
imported post

It is under safety recall warranty and is FREE. Take it to your Honda dealer. If you shake the handlebars back and forth hard, it will shut off also. The fluid in the little plastic black box under the seat leaks out and the pendulum inside can move too easily. The fluid must have leaked out and dried up on mine years before i bought it because it was never wet.
My local dealer tried to tell me it wasn't warrantied since my Wing was about 20yrs old at the time. I gave him the phone number to call and he promptly called me back and told me to bring it in.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Mark1961 wrote:
th.... will x be after serial number?

The "X" for the recall should be stamped into the frame jusr above the brake pedal (should be "between the two engine mounting tabs down there - battery and right-side covers off, of course)

If you don't find the "X", you'll wanna check with Honda to see if your VIN number has been registered as having the recal performed (it's a once-per-bike repair).

The part is also available in the parts department if you find your VIN has already been addressd under the recall. In the past, I've been able to walk-out with the part in hand, if I agree to sign a service order for the installation ;)

It'll help to have the details and contact numbers for the recall, if you get to discussing this with your local Honda shop...
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500%20Service%20Bulletins/1500SB6.pdf

:readit:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.