Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I am putting away the bike for the winter, turn the ignition key off to shut it down, and the starter motor kicks in. The key is Off, lights are out, everything is normal, BUT THE STARTER IS RUNNING. I turn the key to "On" and the bike starts up, starter motor turns off (as it should). Turn the key to shut the bike off, and the starter motor starts up again. Repeated that process 3-4 times until I disconnected the battery. Any ideas? At least it happened at a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Starter solenoid sticking. Replace it as soon as possible. You don`t want to be driving down the road with it engaged.
Tapping on the starter solenoid (Under right hand side cover) will probabaly release it.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I agree, you have a bad starter solenoid. Get another on asap or you will be buying a replacement starter motor too.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem. The starter also began to not engage after this happened as well.I ordered a solenoid from the dealer and I haven't had it since.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, it couldn't have happened at a better time. I'll add that to the list of things I'm doing over the winter. PS-The gremlin bell is working fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.