Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK I have tried everything I know to start my 1500 without it beinging in Netural. Is there a way, it is such a pain in the butt to have to put it in "N" each time.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

So, with the clutch lever pulled in it won't start? Have you tried bypassing the clutch switch?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Might have a bad switch on the clutch handle. Try to get on there with some di-elecric spray. Other than that, it works. (Don't know if thre is any switching at the clutch itsefl, doubt it)

Pat

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Do you have larger aftermarket grips? If so they could be preventing you from pulling the clutch lever in farenough to trip the switch.Try squeezing really hard way out at the end of the grip.

Farmer

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Ok, not sure if you are aware of this, the 1500 has a safety switch on the kickstand, if it is down, the bike will NOT start unless in nuetral...no matter what else you do it will not start in gear if kickstand is down....takes a while to get used too...climb on to ride her, put kickstand up while in gear, pull in the clutch then start it....try that...

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Great information. Have small grips and the kickstand is up. I will try again, maybe I was not getting the clutch in all the way.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.