Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know the metric size the steering head bolt might be? I was told I could use a socket instead of a specialty tool. I need to re-tighten mine up a bit.Thanks ya'll

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

sorry aerowing have just chequed the manual and it does not give the size it only menchions a spanner not a socket also there is a lockwasher with it

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I used a cresent wrench to remove the top nut that holds the mount for the handle bars. The slotted nuts under that, I used a plummer's wrench that I took a grinder to the tips, that allowed it to fit the slots in the nuts and allowed me to loosen and tighten. A old piece of pipe about 1 1/4 inch could also be used, by cutting 4 notches in it to fit the slots in the nuts.:) Welcome to the forum!:cool:

Gene:waving:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
I used a cresent wrench to remove the top nut that holds the mount for the handle bars. The slotted nuts under that, I used a plummer's wrench that I took a grinder to the tips, that allowed it to fit the slots in the nuts and allowed me to loosen and tighten. A old piece of pipe about 1 1/4 inch could also be used, by cutting 4 notches in it to fit the slots in the nuts.:) Welcome to the forum!:cool:

Gene:waving:
Hey Gene, is your middle name McGivor :baffled::waving:

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
imported post

If you have access to a grinder (or a good file ) its easy enough to make your own. Buy a 1.5" socket (the cheaper the better) and just grind away the bits that are not needed to leave a 4 pointed socket, just like the picture.

I know it looks rough but does the job and all for just a few quid.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.