Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm puzzled why Honda was still putting a cassette player on the bike in 1999-2000. Does anybody know of a cd player that can take the place of our current radio/cassette player set-up. More then happy to spend some time and money to make the change. an ipod connection would be the ticket. any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :stumped:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Cool Thanks Daryl and Mike! I have read the posts, concerning the work the two of you have done. I suspect I will be back on line with more questions. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

kennyd wrote:
You can also have it done for you for about $125 including shipping, it works VERY well. I work a lot with electronics myself, but I still had them do mine-seemed like a bargain to me. The FM modulators did not work well for me, low volume and static problems.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/gl1500auxinput.html
I had Sierra do the MP3 connection conversion on my 1500 radio and love it. Plays a 5th Generation IPod just fine. Took the radio out, shipped it to them and had it back in 5 days including a weekend.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

If looking for an aux input you can also do an "inline" fm modulator, mounts under your seat, comes with a swtich to turn it on and off, does away with volume and static problems with regular fm modulators because antannae cables actually go thru the modulator, any local interference will be avoided this way...You can find them on ebay for cheap but good ones start bout 25 bucks..

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
If looking for an aux input you can also do an "inline" fm modulator, mounts under your seat, comes with a swtich to turn it on and off, does away with volume and static problems with regular fm modulators because antannae cables actually go thru the modulator, any local interference will be avoided this way...You can find them on ebay for cheap but good ones start bout 25 bucks..
That is the kind I had, still had low volume problems and crossover static from powerful stations close on the dial in metro areas. You also need a power switch wired somewhere and you use up one of your radio presets to make it work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.