Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned my hazard flasher on for the first time the other day just to see how they worked. Almost wished I hadn't done it. Couldn't get them to turn off because the button was stuck in. Finally got it by pulling on it with a pair of needlenose pliers. Anybody have any suggestions on how to clean this switch out so it won't stick again? Not that I plan on using it but if I do ever need too, I'd like to know that I will be able to turn them back off.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
Mine is also very stubborn about turn off.

I just don't use it anymore.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John. I was reading through some of the other threads and discovered this is a common problem. The QD Electronic Cleaner I believe is the way I will go.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Mine is also very stubborn about turn off.

I just don't use it anymore.

Now THAT made me laugh! I also don't use 'em and I thought I was the only one that adhered to that policy.

I also don't use the mute for the same [email protected]#$ reason!

:grin: T.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeff, I know this is a old post but how did things work out? I have the same problem & did the same thing with the pliers. I then found this and got the electrical spray & sprayed away, but the only way I can get the switch to come out is when I pull it out. My hazards do work but I have to hold the switch in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks looks to be very fiddly but i might give it a go. Just called for a price for both the left & right switches. Looks like $250

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
They would be available from Honda Directline or Service Honda for considerable less money.

Thanks looks to be very fiddly but i might give it a go. Just called for a price for both the left & right switches. Looks like $250

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I split the control housing apart, just two screws and put one half at a time in a solution of hot water and simple green in my small ultrasonic cleaner, you will have to hold the unit, run it about 5 minutes or so. If you have compressed air then give everything a shot and maybe another bath in the cleaner, I get totally amazed quite often just how effective a good ultrasonic can be. After all cleaned a shot of some lubricant, I avoid an oil cause it attracts dust, I use Superlube spray, silicone spray works too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.