Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok just got my 97SE back form the shop, had them put on 2 new dunlop TE III's , sorry red but ive had to much good luck with dunlops on my other wings to change "you can kick me later :)" also had the brakes checked, new fork oil, and had them bleed and refill the brake and clutch fluid, it was real bad and i havent had time to do anything but ride to work, anyway i also had them go through the carbs. The old girl run GREAT, better than ever, she has much more power, is smoother, stronger and more nimble. the throttle stumble i had at idle or low rpms is gone she is crisp and clean, but my miliage is still 30-32. solo running 70-75 mph, i ride 25 miles to work and back everyday, rural oklahoma, one small town and one corner in between. all filters and plugs have been changed, any suggestions or is the miliage about where everyone else is at riding the same conditions ??

Thanks Gang

Troy

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

That doesn't sound abnormal. Around 35 or so would be a bit more normal at that speed. Under 70mph (say about 65) would see a big improvement to well over 40mpg. Why not try it for a while and see if it makes a difference?

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

30-30 mpg is all I get with mine riding 70 - 80 mph. worst milage of any of my bikes but it is the most comfortable

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

30mpg is all I expect at that speed as well. I think our gallons are different (UK gallons) so in US gallons it might be a mile or two extra per gallon. Sedately riding at 65mph all day usually gets me 45mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.