Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm a new goldwing owner. '92 with 42000 miles on the clock. I''ve just removed a crumbling sub air filter that was intact except for a circular hole in the middle (the size of the gap in a 12mm ring spanner). The bits have obviously been sucked towards the two vacuum solenoids. The question I have is, what damage has this done or will do to the solenoids and can the bits of filter get to the carbs. Is there anything I can do to minimise damage. The bike goes ok. Needs extra choke when warming up from cold.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
If it runs fine pretty much all-around, then it seems the crumbled filter did not plug anything. Replace and be sure to change/inspect them annually or so.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I sure agree! If it runs fine currently then you probably will be fine.........ride and enjoy without anxiety!

T.

·
Nobody You Know
277 Posts
I had the same situation. Sub air filter was already crumbled badly and turned to dust when I touched it. Replaced it with foam cut from a lawn mower filter (Honda dealer had to order new one and I couldn't wait). That was a couple of years ago and I've not had any problems.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Rudy had a great tip using a black foam paint brush. You could make 2 filters out of a 99 cent brush! jimsjinx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.