Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've now got the 3 new filters to put in - air, cruise and sub filterand being new to Wings I haven't done this before. I'm at the stage where I have got both sides lower fairings off (the ones with the lights)and now taking off the radio surround.

I read somewhere on this site that I will need to take off the fairing shelter but not sure how to do this?

Also I'm not certain about which oil to use on the sub filter, is it gear oil SAE 90? Anddoes the cruise filter goes in dry?

Any advice or tips would be very welcome. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

John there is very good picture and tips on this subject here on the forum, archivedLook at the menue right side and look under tech post A thru ZClick on it click on the letter S then scroll down to sub filter 1500 dont be alarmed if you pull that filter and it crumbels in your hand

use pro honda foam filter oil or clean SAE 80weight gear oil onthe sub filter

and the cruise fiter goes in Dry

remove shelter sides. remove seattake the key area cover off pulls up and out of front notch then unplug wires to stereo and open fuel door there are two plastic clips that pull out they are located each side under fuel door openingthat unlatches stereo panel at the back of that same panel there are two nuts one one each side remove and you should be able to pick up that panel and set aside there is ametal strap where you removed the two nuts and down on each side there are two studs that the front side panel Ront grommet pop onto remove those two studs and remove remove the right side lower fairing panel and right side front pocket then you will see two screws that hold the front fair inner cover then you can see the sub filter same process for the left side but you also have to remove the reverse lever.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks a lot Lightin. Doesn't sound too bad..so here I go!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Lightin. All done and went well. Your description was spot on, thanks again. Of course, the 3 filters I took out were all 'as new' but when you buy a 13 year old bike you just have to see it for yourself for peace of mind. Cheers. John.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Glad to help John Im just paying back the help I have recived from this fine forum since the Golwings were new to me a couple years ago. now enjoy that Ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.