Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know the Honda part number for a sub filter for a 98 1500SE ? I'm sure it's probably already come up on this site somewhere but I can't see it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Is way cheaper to buy this ($1) from Walmart, and cut it down to the size you need... be sure to use air filter oil on it (eg Same as for K&N Carb Filter). Makes the equivalent of about 20ea of the Honda filters (Sub Carb or Cruise), at less than the price of one!

"Duck Foam Air conditioner Filter (1/4" x 15" x 24")"
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Foam-Air-Conditioner-Filter/17133827

Honda Filter: FILTER, SUB A/CLNR 17253-KT8-000 $2.50

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
imported post

Does anyone know if it is possible to just take the right fan out and change that filter?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Any hardware store that has lawnmower parts will have air filter foam that you can carve one from.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Indianawantsme wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to just take the right fan out and change that filter?
> Not possible. (Unless you are one of those rare people who can change spark plugs by putting your arm up the exhaust pipe, JK!)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
imported post

I sure felt like i could do the impossible after changing the thermostat, hoses, and orings this spring. lol

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I don't like oil on those or any semi-passive filter.
I run mine dry just like Honda did in the first place.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks a lot Jim_C, exactly what I was looking for and I've just ordered a couple from Cyclemax. Cheers. John

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I don't like oil on those or any semi-passive filter.
I run mine dry just like Honda did in the first place.
Not trying to second guess you but if you look in the factory service manual under fuel (Mine lists this in section 4-19) it specifically says to oil the sub air filter. The cruise filter stays dry but Honda says to oil the sub air filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.