Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do I check the pressure in the shocks when I dont get a reading in the display area when I push the P-Check button? The compressor does nothing no matter what button is punched :wtf:. I dont have an owners manual. It's an 89 1500 with 150k that I have had for about a month now. Any help would be welcomed as to what I should do or look at.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

The air pressure maybe to low to register hold down the p check and increase button at the same time to increase the air pressure and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The ignition has to be in either ON,P, or ACC for starters

The air pressure should appear on the display whenever the P. Check button is pushed

To increase/decrease the rear shock air pressure, push either the Increase, or Decrease button, while pushing the P. Check button at the same time.

If nothing happens, or no display is present, then check you number 6, 7 and number 10 fuses (all 10 amp) inside your fuse box.

If all those fuses are good and still no display, then either a bad ground, broken/shorted wire, or the connector behind the air pressure control panel is either disconnected, or badly corroded.

Check out those items 1st and then get back to us with your results.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks all for the response. I'm off the next 3 days and will try those things.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

This could also be due to a dirty switch. As mentioned, the "P" switch is a lynch-pin for the shock-portion of the system and if that switch isn't playing nice, then the whole game is off.

Switch can be cleaned; I recommend pulling the switches to get a good cleaning..

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Satan you were correct. I removed the switches and cleaned all the crud out and it works as it should now. Thanks to all of you and to this great site.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

And thank you for reporting back with the remedy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.