Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Trying to find ideas for GL1500 tachometer. Not the indash tach as provided by Hondabut seperate unit As we know the motor is a 12 volt 6 cylinder engine. Thought an automobile 12 volt 6 cylinder might work. Auto tachs arevery large and bulky. Any small units available? A boat or industrial equipment are other choices. Anyone here installed this type of tach on a GL1500? I installed a CB750 electric tach on my GL1200. It's a 12 volt 4 cylinder tach and it works great. Now looking for 6 cylinder for GL1500.Any ideas throw them my way.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Tom appreciate the information. Will give that a look next time in town.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Check eBay. Electronic tachs galore.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

Fenton.Dale wrote:
Trying to find ideas for GL1500 tachometer. Not the indash tach as provided by Hondabut seperate unit As we know the motor is a 12 volt 6 cylinder engine. Thought an automobile 12 volt 6 cylinder might work. Auto tachs arevery large and bulky. Any small units available? A boat or industrial equipment are other choices. Anyone here installed this type of tach on a GL1500? I installed a CB750 electric tach on my GL1200. It's a 12 volt 4 cylinder tach and it works great. Now looking for 6 cylinder for GL1500.Any ideas throw them my way.
Gotta ask...

Why:baffled:

I have dealt witheGauges a few times and had a good experience.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Ya.. I'm naturally curious too.. Making a Naked GL1500???

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

It's naked G-string only. Why? Because I can't ride what everyone else does. I've been riding for 52 yrs andstock is not what I like. Create something that shows my personality. If you like stock I have no problem with that. I believe it's the head and not the sled. I ride with stock bike riders and I appreciate that theyride. If they need help with their bike or something else. They can count onme to pitch in. It's not against the law to be different and I'm glad of that

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Fenton.Dale wrote:
It's naked G-string only. Why? Because I can't ride what everyone else does. I've been riding for 52 yrs andstock is not what I like. Create something that shows my personality. If you like stock I have no problem with that. I believe it's the head and not the sled. I ride with stock bike riders and I appreciate that theyride. If they need help with their bike or something else. They can count onme to pitch in. It's not against the law to be different and I'm glad of that
I guess I did sound a little harsh... wasn't meant that way.. (I edited out that last "why", so read it again the way I meant it..)..it wasn't that I was questioning a naked GL1500 (that was just a logical guess).. I was just asking the question again........ and remember pictures when you get started!! It will be interesting what it ends up like... like a Valk???

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i've seen his 1200, pretty cool and seems as though it would be a blast, when the 1500 turns out the way he described ought to be a real head turner. :?[ what the ....]:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::dude::dude::dude:. as for why? why not?:action::waving:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

One thing to consider, is that the 1500 uses a wasted-spark style of driver (3 coils to drive qty=6 plugs) so the tach signal may be a bit odd if you use one of the coil drivers (it'd read double the RPM when compared to a coil/distributor set-up).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.