Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Radio and controls work fine, but I have absoutely no power to my tape deck nor button to open the deck. I don't use it, because I use Siruiss XM. Would be nice to get it going ok though. Is there a fuse anywhere other than the side panels anywhere?
Thanks,
David

P.S.
I also lost my overdrive LED. All my other LED's are ok. Any ideas? It's on my 90 GL1500SE

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The tape is powered through the radio fuse.
How does your XM play into the radio, through an antenna modulator, or radio mod?
Overdrive light may be burned out and it would be an incandescent bulb unless it was changed to LED.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
If someone has used a tape player adapter to run the XM or MP3, CD player through at so point in you bike's history, the belt may be broken.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stu,
It runs through the Radio Module. It plugs into the cig. Lighter for power. I guess the belt has slipped off or broken.
Thank You,
sincerely,
David

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Can you hear the tape motor spinning if you push play? Have you tried some electrical contact cleaner on the switches?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Just re-reading David's original post, it seems like he cannot open the cassette door, which you can be done with no power to the bike at all as it's just a mechanical latch inside the cover assembly. David, is it possible it may work o/k if you can figure out why the door won't open?, nothing noticeable really happens with the deck until you insert a cassette. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Just re-reading David's original post, it seems like he cannot open the cassette door, which you can be done with no power to the bike at all as it's just a mechanical latch inside the cover assembly. David, is it possible it may work o/k if you can figure out why the door won't open?, nothing noticeable really happens with the deck until you insert a cassette. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Peter.
His avatar appears is a SE, which is electronic door opening release and not mechanical as on the Aspencade, different radio on the early wings.
I think(Danger Will Robinson!) 95 they started having the same radio?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
WOW..!!.. the little things you get to find out on this forum...great isn't it..!!
Cheers,
Peter.

Attachments

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Sure is.My 97 SE has the same problem.The door wont open but i popped it open with a screwdriver pretty easy.I stuck a tape in it but nothing happened.I need to take time and self trigger it with a screwdriver to see if it will turn.All i want to do is run an MP3 player,but don't i still need for the tape player to run?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Sure is.My 97 SE has the same problem.The door wont open but i popped it open with a screwdriver pretty easy.I stuck a tape in it but nothing happened.I need to take time and self trigger it with a screwdriver to see if it will turn.All i want to do is run an MP3 player,but don't i still need for the tape player to run?
Yes it will need to be working for the tape adapter, but....
Better sound will be from an antenna modulator or the radio mod. than from your non working(or working) tape player and adapter.

Rudy's recommendations
http://goldwingtech.info/auxradio/

I have a used wired modulator and a FM modulator available for cheap. PM if needed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use the antenna mod from XM and it works great. You do not get any radio station bleed over when you are in larger towns that have stations on the same freq. Also, no wires to have hanging out of the tape player. Sound is nice and clear through my J&M headset.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
WOW,thanks a million,Newday,deputydawg ,snowmoer,RUDY and all the rest i may have skipped!

That's exactly what i was trying to find out.Rudy sure has done a lot of work around here too, for all the time spent to make those instructional pages helping other folks out is just unbelieveable.I booked marked all of them.I think i will order me the adapter that plugs right into my existing harness,for 60 bucks.It will play anything the plays audio right thru my Honda intercom system.That's the berries!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.