Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The tape is powered through the radio fuse.
How does your XM play into the radio, through an antenna modulator, or radio mod?
Overdrive light may be burned out and it would be an incandescent bulb unless it was changed to LED.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
If someone has used a tape player adapter to run the XM or MP3, CD player through at so point in you bike's history, the belt may be broken.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Can you hear the tape motor spinning if you push play? Have you tried some electrical contact cleaner on the switches?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Just re-reading David's original post, it seems like he cannot open the cassette door, which you can be done with no power to the bike at all as it's just a mechanical latch inside the cover assembly. David, is it possible it may work o/k if you can figure out why the door won't open?, nothing noticeable really happens with the deck until you insert a cassette. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Peter.
His avatar appears is a SE, which is electronic door opening release and not mechanical as on the Aspencade, different radio on the early wings.
I think(Danger Will Robinson!) 95 they started having the same radio?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Sure is.My 97 SE has the same problem.The door wont open but i popped it open with a screwdriver pretty easy.I stuck a tape in it but nothing happened.I need to take time and self trigger it with a screwdriver to see if it will turn.All i want to do is run an MP3 player,but don't i still need for the tape player to run?
Yes it will need to be working for the tape adapter, but....
Better sound will be from an antenna modulator or the radio mod. than from your non working(or working) tape player and adapter.

Rudy's recommendations
http://goldwingtech.info/auxradio/

I have a used wired modulator and a FM modulator available for cheap. PM if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.