Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just wondering about where should the hand on the temp gauge be under normal riding conditions and while idleing If i leave my 1500 idle for a while the hand goes well over half way before the fans come on Does anyone know what temp they should be at
Thanks

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

A little above half way,,,, and maybe just under 3/4,is normal for the 1500's.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
imported post

I believe that the later models, 95-2000 would run a little hotter or at least, that's what the temp gauge shows... My 93 Aspy will typically run at about 1/3 the gauge when riding down the road at highway speed... When in stop and go traffic in town, the gauge goes to the 1/2 way point and then the fans turn on...

The hottest I have ever seen my gauge was about 2 needles width past center... The 95's and later years gauges will all be higher than mine and I think this is pretty typical of various model years...

Les

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,578 Posts
imported post

As long as the fans are coming on and the bike isn't puking, all is OK. The needle is just to warn you if things become abnormal.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
imported post

My 94 1500 temp guage runs about 1/4 to 1/3 on the guage during normal riding speeds. In slow moving traffic or stopped at red lights it will climb up to about midway or a little over before the fans come on.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

What they said^.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.