Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Context: ...so I'm trying to re-assemble my '91 GL1500, have re-installed the carb, have installed the lower air filter plenum pan and am connecting the vacuum hoses back up. I have a Clymers manual which shows schematics for a variety of years, and the California models, but mentions nothing about differences between US and Canadian models. I also have a Honda shop manual specific to the '98. In a different thread here, I found a weblink showing the various hoses, and their locations and colour coding. Here's the problem:

All the references show a # 3 green banded vacuum hose connecting to the left rear corner plenum underside, so I'm pulling my hair out looking for this. I actually pulled the carb back off to look for it - can't find it at all. I look up what the other end of that hose supposedly connects to... Clymers calls it the "AICV Solenoid Valve", and the '98 Honda service manual calls it the "Pulse Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve", and also "Pair Solenoid Valve"!

Closer inspection reveals that my '91 GL1500 SE Canadian model doesn't have this valve, or the associated vacuum hose! Where the hose would connect on the pan, there's the protrusion to connect the hose to, but it's solid, not drilled out! Did this ever have me buffaloed! Obviously there are some significant differences over model years, and models destined for different countries. I'm stopping looking for this hose now :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx Tim!

That explains it so well. Yes, my '91 engine is lacking the vacuum fitting on LH rear cylinder intake manifold runner, and all the "pair" valve hoses and hardware. Good thing - simpler the better IMO - darned complex machines. Got it back together enough to run it today, and it ran very well, so here's hoping the test drive goes well. Thnx again.

Daryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.