Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just recently upgraded from my gl1100 to a new 88 gl1500, like the bike big time but miss the 1100. I was riding home today luckly about 200 yds from my house lost throttle cable. I think it has just come lose in the housing at least I am hoping, it felt like it just slipped. Anyway I looked in the service manual and the bike bandit parts diagrams ad it shows 2 screws holding the cable housing together. for the life of me I only see one, I have removed the brake master cylinder and still only see on phlipps screw holding on that thing, I take it out and it wont pop open dont want to pry the thing untill I Know if I am missing the screw somewhere or does it pry after taking out the one phylipps screw. Help Please

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

you mean to say---its on the bottom side ??

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much, used the . mirror and saw that sucker stuck up in that hole. The roll on cable is broken, I have looked in my service manual and do not see a section on changing the cable. Any good post or hints on how to do this to save me a few bucks and get it fixed so I can ride this weekend.

Thanks,
Walt

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

sorry but i`m not to well versed on the 1500 or 1800 -- yet. i am sure that some one has a better knowledge of what to do and how to -- than me. so some one chime in here and help out.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,271 Posts
imported post

As far as I know, it's a push-pull system like all the other 'Wings. Once you get it apart the replacement proceedure should be obvious. The hard part is routing the new cable correctly and attaching it to the carbs. Take your time with that. Plastic will have to be removed.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

yeah! and dont pinch the sucker under the handle bars if its not routed right...but i wont tell you who did this!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.