Here is what I did It was a pretty easy procedure but figured I post it to you guys to tell me what I did wrong. And if I did it right then others and see the procedure to do it themselves.
I've done a whole bunch of other things in the past week, such as tires, bearings, brakes, rear final driveefluid, wiring up switches, driving lights, complete instation of an OEM CB unit..etc. I also have pictures of the engine while I was doing the timing belts but they are on the other computer that has some problems at the moment.
I have never heard anyone talk of Valve adjustments on any of the Wing sites? I was religously doing them on my old HOnda Magna's/Sabres and did it on my ST1100 also. Does the Wing need the Valves clearance checked?
Here is the procedure I did.
**put the engine in neutral, put the key in your pocket**
1. Took off the plastic that was necessary
Both sides(the ones that have the driving lights)
2. Remove the Cam Covers
The 3 bolts in the middle
The right side cover (right side if you were sitting on the bike).
The rest of the cover.
**Note the Tension of the current belts.
**MOST IMPORTANT STEP:
3. Using a 17mm socket turn the engine counterclockwise until all the marks line up. The "Ups" should all line up and be able to read them the right way (not upside down.)
The 1.2 mark should be in the 3 o'clock position.
4. Loosen the tensioner on the right side belt.
5. Remove the Right side belt.
6. unbolt the pulse generators (little black boxes)
7 loosen the left side tensioner.
8. Remove the left side belt
**Note Make sure all timing marks are still lined up.
9. INstall the left side belt.
10. Install the pulse generators
11. Tighten the belt and tensioners on the left side.
**NOTE: Too loose and you could jump a tooth, too tight and you wreck the bearings.
12. Install the right side Belt.
13. Tighten the belt and tensioner.
14. Turn the Engine manually with the 17mm socket a few revolutions to make sure the engine doesn't make any bad sounds.
15. If all is ok, start the engine.
16. If all is ok reinstall the covers and plastic.
17. Go ride for atleast another 50k miles.