Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

yes, this is the hated tire question. but i have a gl 1500, i will be installing new tires on it soon. what i need to know is...what are my choices? i am not interested in going darkside, also, i am not interested in e3`s either. im on my second set, and i cannot stand them anymore. the rear cups so bad that it becomes unstable in the turns. i am a very aggressive rider, and i will require a tire that wont cup in 5000 miles. i know the mileage is great from an e3, but stability is out the window. also, i cant stand the noise. everyone else i know who has a motorcycle (not a goldwing), does not have the tire issues as ive had. yes, i checked the pressure, and yes yes i watched it extremely close. once the cupping starts, it aint going away. so what other choices are there, and what models are they? im leaning more to the bridgestones for my next set...as i said, im very aggressive when i ride (i probably shouldnt ride my wing the way i do). i love corners and i push them hard, so i need a tire that will allow me to do that.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

My sentiments exactly. I ride it hard too. Hate the quick wear out of the tires. Last set of E3s were to the bars @10,000 miles. On a xcountry trip presently of planned15k. I didn't want to have to change a set in the trip so have gone Darkside as there isn't a tire for these that have enough weight rating once you load up, even empty they are on the edge. That and our running the way they were designed for having a good ride rather than having to ride like a old fart on a sunday drive.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I put the Bridgestone G701 and G702 on about 10,000 miles ago and couldn't be happier. No cupping, still look great, corners like it's on a rail and great in the rain. Did I mention they are quiet, too?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

mikef wrote:
I put the Bridgestone G701 and G702 on about 10,000 miles ago and couldn't be happier. No cupping, still look great, corners like it's on a rail and great in the rain. Did I mention they are quiet, too?
this is a perfect answer to my question. thank you mikef

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.