Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had a new rear tire installed saturday. I am blown away at how much differently the bike handles. It is most certainly for the better. My old tire was an e3 that was cupped so bad it sounded like a tractor going down the road. I did however get over 18k out of it, but im sure i could have gotten 20k easily. Im leaving for a trip on friday, and i didnt want any tire issues. I didnt have the nads to go darkside, so it got another e3. This thing really sticks in the corners now, and my wallowing problem is all but gone!! Im super happy with my machine now!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

yup makes a world of diffrence buy a extra one if money allows it put it on the shelf so it can be changed easily

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

18000 miles is probably way over what we can expect from an E3. You are probably lucky the tyre didn't fail sooner.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I have 26,500 miles on my rear E3 and it is not quite down to the wear bars. I usually change them out at about this mileage for safer riding in the rain.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have had 3 of the dunlop e3's thus far. I have found the mileage to be great for a m/c tire. However they cup so bad that u can feel the imperfections in the tread on a lean. I also found, that the more worn it gets, the faster it wears. This is due to the dual compound of the tire, or so im told. I love the mileage, but the cupping can be almost unbearable sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
yup makes a world of diffrence buy a extra one if money allows it put it on the shelf so it can be changed easily
"easily?" Haven't run into anything on a GL1500 yet that can be done easily, Pierre.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
imported post

The E3 is a very noisey tire even when new. I have less than 1000 miles on this set and they sound noisey. They are stable when riding and look good so I can live with the noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.