Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

where can i find a replacement for this?

thanks

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

You can either get a stock one HERE. Part #12 and will cost you around $40. I don't know what year yours is but they only list it in the part searches up to 93 but the air shock for all years is the same. Or you can do what some others have done and use a Munroe shock boot kit. One last idea, a while back I had an incident where I blew out the seal on my air shock (long story....) but I contacted several trike builders and was able to scorea complete air shockthat was taken of a 2000 model with absolutely no miles on it for $20-25. All I had to do was replace the fluid. So the cheapest way are the last 2 but the boot can still be bought.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

The following is from an old post from a friend of mine. This is just the ticket. Good luck

In the process of changing the tires and lubing the drive splines, I noticed the right rear shock boot was toast. Called to the two local Honda dealers and neither had the $40 boot in stock. Not wanting to wait, I tried Advanced Auto to see if they had an automotive boot that would approximate the Honda boot. I found the Monroe Shock-Mate Boot Kit SA1997 to be a good fit. I had to cut about 3" off the top and zip-tie it in place. They come in virtually every color, even "Hot Pink" (SA-1995) if you're so inclined. All for only $6.49!

http://members.cox.net/inspektor224/shock_boot.jpg

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

That's funny...I didn't notice any shock boots flying off your bike in the UP. Just side covers! LOL!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

wingsam41 wrote:
That's funny...I didn't notice any shock boots flying off your bike in the UP. Just side covers! LOL!
the cover grommets were loose, like the loose nut holding YOUR handlebars, Mr Sam...:ROFL:

thanks guys for the suggestions:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.