Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Am considering replacing my collector box on my 1500 with Torq Monster pipes. I'm sure someone has done this and would like an opinion regarding ease of installation and noise of the exhaust afterwards. My factory mufflers are still good and I plan on reinstalling those.

Cheers!

t.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Fitting Torque Monsters is the easy part, compared to getting the old expansion box out.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

tnoort,

My friend put them on his GL1500A trike and the bike runs better and a little louder.

As for getting the old chamber off we just bend the hell out of it (it was rusted out) with air chisels (just be careful).

Hickey

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Easy enough on both fronts - the noise is increased (velocity in each pipe is about double at peak)

Installation is straight forward - some folks have issues getting the tubes to seal up well when clamping them into position. I've disassembeled one bike that had used Mufler gasket cement to get things to seal -- kinda messy, but it worked.

While beating and bending the existing chamber is kinda fun... If you choose not to do that, you will want to drop the right side header at the engine (6-acorn nuts that are just about finger tight) - and for that you'll want/need 3 of the headder ring-gaskets. Gettin at things will ususally require rmoving the lower heat-shield body panels, but yeah - pretty simple...

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks fellas.................was/am a little apprehensive about loosening the right header as I fear breaking off a stud and causing myself more problems - had some experience with that some years ago with a car.

Cheers!

T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.