Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for a good used Trailer Hitch

98 GL1500 Aspencade

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
imported post

I have one I removed from my 94 1500SE. It was on the bike when I bought it last year. I took it off when I changed rear tires and didn't put it back on because I don't need one... no trailer. Also have a small rack that plugs into the hitch that is about the right size for a small cooler to strap onto it.

Edit: The rack and hitch have both been sold.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I already got one, and a wiring harness as well
Thanks for the offer

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

Still have the hitch? I have a 95 Aspy and am looking for a hitch/trailer for some future traveling.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
imported post

hey I am thinking of getting one also if someone has one cheep please let me know. for my 91/1500 thanks

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

I made mine for my 94A. If you can weld or know someone that can and can get the metal its easy. Somewhere on here is a pattern that i used.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
imported post

thanks i'll look it up!

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

I know the print is small but I can't find the original, this is one I have hosted somewhere and it's been resized.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I think I would lengthen the ends a little to bring them up to the rear crash guards. Flatten the ends and use the 1" clamp mounts or similar on the guards.
I think that might provide a stronger better point to pull the trailer weight from and is where both my hitches mount at front.

The rear saddle bag frame is really only held in place with 2 solid bolt mounts up under the seat, and 2 notched mounts behind the side bags.
A good hard pull or a partly loose bolt and the lower section could slip out from behind the bolt.
I did not know that before, and to change the rear 1500 tire using the tip up method you just loosen the 2 top bolts and 2 lower bolts and lift it up, pulling the notched lower mount rearward out from behind the bolts.

Mufflers I would not consider to be adding much support or strength and the mount for those would just move with the rear frame bag mount section also.
You do need to remove those muffler mount bolts to tip up the rear, but I don't think they do much other than hold up the mufflers so they don't drag.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

These are "my" plans I made from the hitch I made for my 1200 about 8 years ago and now are on my 1500, it has pulled my trailers coast to coast 3 times and will be pulling to Arkansas in another week.

I still have the original if anyone needs them.

Mike Hirsh wrote:

I know the print is small but I can't find the original, this is one I have hosted somewhere and it's been resized.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
 I still have the original if anyone needs them.
I'll take a copy of it again please. I have looked and looked but nothing but the shrunk up one posted above.

I'll pm ya with my email.

Thanks,

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

Thanks, Now I have a fresh copy that isn't shrunk down to microscope size!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I thought the plans were very good, just that maybe make it longer up to the crash bars.

Looks like you pull a pretty good trailer size, so my thoughts on those lower frame notches must not be anything to worry about then.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Thanks Chromo, we'll be @ Table Rock Resort Sept 15 :action::action: with the trailer :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Send me a PM when your on the way to remind me. If I am home maybe we can meet up somewhere for breakfast or riding, if I can keep up LOL

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

:waving::action::action:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.