Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

will post more pics as it go's on :cheesygrin:got lots of plans :ROFL:hope they all come together well,well happy today it's on three wheels,thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

had enough today,cut through wire loom with grinder,wanted to give up,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

put steel inserts in the bottom of shocks in place of the plastic ones,the bolt in the middle shock is only tempory,could not find proper one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

orignal wing air shock now fitted the centre,seems to work well,lost a little oil from it will have to top it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

:action:had trouble with diff flange level,had to put 3mm spacer in between axle and swing arm,all ok now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

:blackstuff:still loads to do,it back on 3 wheels again for now,still have work to do on the arm,when thats done will tackle drive shaft wish me good luck:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

what do you mean?the shaft comes down from drive at a small drop,and it only runs off centre by an inch,i have not even had to move reverse solanoid from its origanal place,thats how much the shaft runs off line.:praying:

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

The rear should be in a straight line with the drive shaft or out put shaft. A drive shaft should only be at one angle. not two. with two angles you will always have problems with u-joints and vibrations.It would be some work to change it now,but you will be a lot happier down the road.best of luck with you trike project.i plan to build one myself.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

Im talking about the off set to the right side,not pinion angle,thats a whole different thing that you need to get set right also.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

Im talking about the off set to the right side,not pinion angle,thats a whole different thing that you need to get set right also.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

mounting the shocks on the original bike mounts looks like itallows to much unsprung and unsupported gap from the wheels,which will cause alot offlex.The 1500 produces alot of torque and traction from the car wheels.Wouldnthaving them mounted with the swingingarm mounts nearer the wheelsabsorb bumps/hold the road better?.

This is mine in its early stages.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
imported post

:applause:this is where it fits,its not finished yet,more braces to fit,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
imported post

:claps:this has put the shocks 8 inches wider each side,it also will allows them to be inside the side boxes,not sure if to put them in front or behind the axle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

:stumped:thanks for the comments that have been left for me,every little bit of info is helpfull,will keep pics coming as it comes along.

Attachments

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I definitely see an issue with the driveshaft. The output shaft exits the transmission on the right side, and you put the differential in the center. Notice how big al59 has his to the right of center, so it lines up with the transmission output shaft?

BTW, do they not have trike kits in the UK? Most everbody in the U.S. uses a prebuilt kit that you just bolt together, with all the problems already solved.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I know how much intense work you have taken on, so I appreciate the build. However,and I'm just askin, isn't the differential awful long? My Motortrike is about a third shorter than the one pictured? It will be impossible to flip over, that's for sure! Nice welding also sir. I wish my welding was that nice! I used to weld alot, but now my skills have diminished over the years. Keep em coming! I love watching the builds. jimsjinx

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.