Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
imported post

yes they do sell kits in the uk,but not all of us can afford them.as for the drive the angle is not as bad as it looks,i have looked at a lot of trikes at shows,and from some of the kits that people supply,and not all diffs are to one side,a u,j is desinged so run at an angle,not to steep but an angle,one of a common kits here use a ford serria diff and independent set up,the diff is centrel on most of the kits,if you have looked at some of the drives on here you will see more of an angle than mine,thanks for your input,will keep on and see how it works.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
imported post

:applause:thanks, the axle is 52 inches wide to the flange ends,then 2 inches more with the shafts in,56 in total,the rims are 9inch wide,to the edge of the tyres though is around 58 total,here in the uk alot of the trike kit are what they call full width,are roads are not so good so i like wide,i have seen a few wing trikes,and they look to narrow,but each to there own,watch this space will keep pics coming.:sleepy:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
imported post

my drive flange is nearly 2 inches to the right,as i said it looks worse in the pics then it is.

·
Premium Member
12,782 Posts
imported post

Thank you for sharing the photos . Your new pivot points on the swingarm are interesting to me . No hassle with the drivewshaft that way I am guessing . I hope your still making progress . Hope to see more as work progresses.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Hi Ade relocating the shock mounts out towards the wheels will def pay dividends handling in the twisties and handling our pothole strewn roads.

Havin the diff set 2" offset towards engine driveline will work ok,alot of builders have the diff centre.56" isnt that wide,mines 54" to outside with zero offset rims.

Watchin your build progressin is interestin readin,i would havedone my own axle and chassis build if i had the workshop and welding skills.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
imported post

:waving:hello,the axle is from a 3.0ltr ford capri,it is the atlas type axle with 3.09.1 final drive,i will be using 9inch drums.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
imported post

:)hello have started again,new day new design,looking at new ideas,am having some building work done on house,so build stopped,will keepupdates on here as it happens,thanks for the interest

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.