Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who bought my 98 1500 Wing a couple of years ago has asked for advice concerning the front forks.
He wants to know how much fork oil goes into each side plus what type of oil is best, eg using Honda's own. The forks do not have the air adjustment that the US bikes have.
He had the bike converted to a trike but not changed the front end and is wondering whether the front ride height is too low at 5 1/4 inches clearance under the front end of the fairing when the trike is just sitting.
I personally have no idea with these questions and would be grateful for any advice you can offer that I can pass on to him.

·
Just one of the guys
4,787 Posts
I run the ATF fluid for oil and put in the amount recommended in the manual. It seems to work good that way.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Doug for that. I have passed it on the the owner and looked up the capacities so his query should be answered now. As to the ride height it may not be possible to offer him advice as we don't know what the trike convertors have done so only they can really answer that query.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts