Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:praying: I have a 1988 GL 1500 and the trunk will not open. It is unlocked, the saddle bags open but the trunk will not. Any suggestions,I hope.....

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

You can try a coat hanger bend one end with a small Hooke i think you can go up between the middle latch and there is a bar to hooke onto to get it open hope that helps

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That's what I thought and have been trying that but can't locat the bar. Will try again now. Thanks

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

email sent.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I finally had to go through the trunk behind the seat. No problem to patch, This time I installed an emergency release pull.
I want to thank everyone for their advice. It made the difference. Thank you, The Rovin' Rev.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

So did I. I added a pull so if it ever happens again I have a quick and simple way to open it. Thanks for the responce. The Rovin' Rev.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Just out of interest..did you find a fault that stopped it opening in the usual way? had something snapped or come loose?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

The only fault was me. I was working on my right tail light and turn signal and had the center peice, that holds the bar, offand neglected to properly position everything. Could not get ahold of the bar with a hook so I cut a hole in the front of the trunk, behind the seat,and unscrewed the latches. I tied an emergency cord onto the bar so if anything happens I can open it that way. I recommend that everyone do this just as insurance against something happening in the future.

The Rovin' Rev.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.