Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So it looks like all I should have to do is get a new unit and disconnect that ground wire I hope. Hope I can find a unit at a decent price

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Looks like all you need to do is put a cancel unit in it and plug it in.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
@;
there is problem with that, there is nothing to remove on mine at moment, but at least I know to put 1 in is reverse of that. I may run out and take look and see what they did to the wiring or try to anyhow
, I just went and took top covers and this is what I found.
With this, the only way that you could cancel the turn signal would be to center the switch inside (button always stays at the center, but not the switch). Pushing it in would not help.

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
@;

With this, the only way that you could cancel the turn signal would be to center the switch inside (button always stays at the center, but not the switch). Pushing it in would not help.
Which coincidentally is the exact problem he has.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have not forgotten about my post, took me a week or so before I ordered the cancel unit. Says from July 14 to July 28th for delivery. Will update after I get the part and install. I know most everybody likes to know the end results

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I have not forgotten about my post, took me a week or so before I ordered the cancel unit. Says from July 14 to July 28th for delivery. Will update after I get the part and install. I know most everybody likes to know the end results
Is it coming from China? :ROFL:

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
its its ebay, the expect date is based on some complex algorithm that involves no less than 3 trips to the space station....
before loading for local delivery to your home by drone

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got my cancel unit, installed and most everything is working correctly.
It is not cancelling after a turn, does cancel after several second, canceled when I push button in. I am far happier with it now than I was, just want to figure out rest if possible, made sure the pin was centered in the slot and it looked correct

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Did you get the peg in the slot for the cancel units steering angle sensor? When you turn the forks the sensor should move as the forks do. It is not unusual for the steering angle to be too slight. Then it will have to cancel by distance. As you leave a stop sign etc. intentionally turn the forks extra sharp, while moving. The turn lights should cancel pretty quick then. I'm not sure but I think you are good to go. It is not unusual for me to travel a half block or more before they cancel if I don't turn real sharp. Real sharp they cancel pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If it cancelas after several seconds then it is doing its job,it doesn't cancel immediately after it strait end up.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The peg is in the slot, I tried sharp turn but no difference. As far as I am concerned it is ok, cancels itself in roughly 1/2 block or so

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Not sure but it might cancel on mph?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
HTML:
Not sure but it might cancel on mph?
The auto cancel function will be as follows
1.There is no lean angle input, either at low or high speeds.
2.The turn signal duration is defined only by distance, not by time, 500feet (150m), and it is same at low and high speeds.
3. Steering angle sensor is effective even at very low speeds like 5mph. It will cancel the turn signals after completing the turn, without waiting for the distance.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It doesn't cancel following the turn, but I still am happy cause I had no cancel before that other than pushing switch towards other direction

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You should be able to just press the button in to cancel,but didn't you say it canceled AFTER A FEW SECONDS AFTER A TURN.?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.