Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was just going through the parts manual for the GL1500 using the term "filter" as the search word.:readit:

It came up with 5 more filters on the bike I was not even aware of-:shock:

Filter, Air Pump- 38752-MN5-003 *this is listed as #20 in the description, but it is not shown on the diagram.

Filter- 52717-MN5-003 *this is part of the Air Pump Assembly

Filter- 52716-MN5-003 *this is part of the Air Pump Assembly

Filter, Air Pump, SE '96 '97 '98- 39280-MZ3-770

Filter, Alternator, SE '96 '97 '98- 39280-MZ3-005

:wtf:

Are these filters important? Do they need to be cleaned or changed periodically? If so, how often?

Why aren't they on the schedule of filters to change or clean?

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I didn't look up the part # on these but I would bet at least some of them are noise filters for the pump and alternator. They keep the electrical noise down.

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
That #20 filter is probably the little D-shaped filter that is inside a rubber cap that fits on the lower part of the air compressor. If you take a look at the first photo in THIS THREAD, you will see the rubber cap on the lower yellowish colored part of the air compressor. That thread is also a great guide on how to service your air compressor.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
The 52716 & 17 are white filters inside the air pump assy with the desiccant. You can reuse the desiccant by butting it in the oven but for $5.50 I just bought new.

38752-MN5-003 (in the green) there is a rubber boot on the motor for the compressor (pull it back) there is a "D" shaped filter in there. And yes the "D" shaped filter should be changed out when servicing the compressor.

The other filters look to be noise filters for the cb.

Attachments

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
And you missed one more, it is 52718-MN5-003 #12 on the diagrams and goes in before the dessicant gets put in the compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.