Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed as of resent out of no where, I started getting the tight vapor lock hiss when removing my gas cap. Along with the hiss my warm bike was now a little stubborn to restart. I have read all the past post about this being normal, I just can't see that tight vapor lock to be good for any of the components of the fuel system that has a vent line engineered into the system.
I got to looking at the gas cap and red breather hose line and noticed there was orange rubber diaphram looking material between the breather hose and gas cap but no way for the air to escape.
I got a small screw driver out and fished up there for a hole in the rubber material and found one just off center of the breather hose.
Once I moved the hole to the center of the gas cap and breather hose, whola, no more vapor lock or harder starting.
Maybe this info. may help others that have had the same issue?
I will keep the post up to date if I have any further vapor lock and warm hard starting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
My `98 S.E. had been losing power quite a bit last year,and this spring. I was blaming it on the fuel pump. Just about ready to bite the bullet and replace pump.Then I read of someone who fixed my very same problem by removing gas cap, and soaking it overnight in Seafoam. Blow cap out 12 hours latter with compressed air. Have not had problem one now for 2,500 miles.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Congrats to everyone who sees this as a fuel flow problem and not something normal.

Scott

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
This fix is really helpful, and likely timely if events continue as norm, = Read a thread on here and soon the bike needs that done!
Ask me about fork rebuilding and steering head bearings!! grateful for the help found on here

Everyone: please ck your steering bearings for smoothness thru range of travel, roughness or dead spot in the middle are bad!
Its your life on the line~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.