Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it possible to do this? A Wing owner in the UK told me a while back that he seen a 1200 with both wheels from a gl1500 fitted. I know where a good set of 1500 wheels can be had cheap and would love to do this if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Was that a light blue 1200? I seen a photo of this from a treffen in 97 or 98 I think. I remember looking closely at the picture and concluding thatthe whole front end had been taken from the 1500 and put onto the 1200 (forks, mudguard, wheel covers etc), couldn't see how the back wheel had been done, it wasn't visible in the piture I seen.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

The correct URL for checking out replacing the rear wheel on a 1200 with the parts from a 1500 is; http://pete-marge.us/Rebuild/

If the total rider weight is 400 lbs. or less you can use the 160/80 B 16 tire (I recommend the Avon Venom X, and over 400 lbs. you will need to drop to the 150/80 B16.

Note that there is a problem with the tire rubbing on the left side in the rear fender, and you will have to watch the pressure in the rear shocks.

My wife and I have put over 30,000 miles (48,000 km) with no operating problems other than watching shock pressures.

P. S. The Avon Venom X is my personal tire of choice. You could not pay me enough to go back to Dunlops.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

Hi Pete66, welcome to forum. I've read that link in the past, but I had forgotten where it was, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.