Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GW is a 98 SE. The face of the gauges is white, and doesn't have a lot of contrast between the gauge face and the needle at night, so It can be hard to see the needle. I read somewhere that changing the bulb to a different ( specific) color helped with the contrast and seeing the needle.
I don't recall the color, or other details, including how well it really works.
Is anyone familiar with this?

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
There are a couple of threads on this, I think in the reference forum or here in the technical forum. Run a forum search and you should find what you need.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
My GW is a 98 SE. The face of the gauges is white, and doesn't have a lot of contrast between the gauge face and the needle at night, so It can be hard to see the needle. I read somewhere that changing the bulb to a different ( specific) color helped with the contrast and seeing the needle.
I don't have the white face speedo and tach..but I did replace the incandescent bulbs with LED's and the difference is amazing...my picture is a bit blurry...but you get the idea...there are "hot spots" (not temp hot) but there is a way to diffuse the light from the LED's (I didn't opt for that)...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am interested in doing the same. I cant see anything on my 99' SE.
if anybody has the link I'd appreciate it. Not having much luck on search.

Thanks,
Sid

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I just installed blue leds in my dash, what a difference, i believe red would be the best color

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.