Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

I have a 94 GL1500 and have acquired some wind deflectors for the fairing which state 88-91 G1500. I wasn't aware there were any differences but may stand corrected.

The wind deflectors that I have usually come across secure below the fairing pockets to the 2 vacant holes to the left and right of the pocket securing screw and where the fairing inner is screwed.

The ones I have acquired have a long strip of metal which screws to the edge of the innerfairing. The would appear on the face of it to probably be an appetite for disaster inthe way of cracking the plastic when under pressure.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and shed some light as to whether these wind deflectors areOK?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi SteveKT

The deflectors you are describing sound like the fitment for a 1200 rather that a 1500, as on the 1200 they do screw in to the inner fairing.

welsh winger

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Welsh Winger,

They are very similar to those that I had on the 12, but not quite the same. It clearly states for the 1500 and the schematics are for the 1500, I'm just not convinced that the inner fairings are up to it:weightlifter:

Steve

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I remember those. They were not too popular for the very reasons you stated. The reason they are marked 88-91 might be due to them being very old stock. There are probably tons of them gathering dust on dealers shelves because everyone bought the other type that used the pocket screws for mounts.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I remember them as well and I hated them. The ones that mount to the fairing pockets are much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.