Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My new ride , 1994 gl1500se has shield issues. Got new one. When removing old shield i found two adjustment slides will not. the three center mounting screws were locked down tight and the philips heads stripped. Had to drill the heads to get shield off. MY question is How do i get behind that panel to see whats wrong? Can anybody help? :?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi rubit and welcome to the forum when you say you drilled the screw heads off are the studs still in the screen ajuster

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi peter , thanks for your quick response. No I got the studs out.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

rubit what do you mean by whats wrong

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

ok now i have you they are linked with the windscreen ajusters on the mirrors pull the ajusters up and they should move if not you will have to remove the mirrors and the headlamps to get to them

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

OK, they still don't move, proceding with disasembly, thank you-----david

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

The only ones that move are the two out side ones with the levers they should slide up and down if not take the mirrors off and remove the screws .there is a linkage behind their.I think if you take the turn signal out you can get in there to the linkage

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I think i've got trouble behind there, the three on move freely two on left not at all. Will find out tomorow david

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Got it done . The back plates were twisted and binding in the slides. too simple, feeling very dumb but will get over it. I Really appreciate you guys for all your help. experience counts. Thanks ----------------David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.