Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need help and advice. Recently purchased a '92 GL1500 and believe it has the tall windshield (27.5" in the center from the cowl in thelowest position). I like the wind protection but I am more comfortable with being able to tilt my head slightly to look over the top if I want more clarity in the rain.

My question is: what is the height of the stock windshield, and what do most riders think of the vented windshields?

Thanks in advance.

KWL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

The venting is great... can't imagine being without it on hot days.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I personally would never own a bike with a windshield that I couldn't look over. I've had them almost instantly fog over in certain conditions and if I was looking through the shield I would have been in trouble.

I love the vent and also would not have a shield without one, but I also want it to be able to close when I don't want the extra air flow.

I'm not sure where you were measuring from since you said the cowl, which is the fairing lowers according to Honda's parts fiche, but my stock 2000SE windshield is 23" from the top of the outside rubber windscreen seal to the top of the windshield in the fully up position.

John

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I have a non-vented windshield. You don't want one.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
I'm not sure where you were measuring from since you said the cowl, which is the fairing lowers according to Honda's parts fiche, but my stock 2000SE windshield is 23" from the top of the outside rubber windscreen seal to the top of the windshield in the fully up position.

John
Actually I am measuring the same as you. My measurement was 26.5 not 27.5 in the fulldown position.

I am looking at one that is said to be 2" shorter than stock. I put some tape on mine at the 22" mark and it looks pretty good shorter than stock. I dont know if the manufacturer is measuring full up or down.

Thanks for the replys.

KWL

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

pappy56 wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:

John
Actually I am measuring the same as you. My measurement was 26.5 not 27.5 in the fulldown position.

I am looking at one that is said to be 2" shorter than stock. I put some tape on mine at the 22" mark and it looks pretty good shorter than stock. I dont know if the manufacturer is measuring full up or down.

Thanks for the replys.

KWL
Good, then for apples to apples I just put mine down all the way and it measures 20 3/4", so I'm not sure you would want a 2" shorter shield if 22 is good for you, that's only 1" adjusted down from the full up position of the stock height shield. A 2" shorter than stock shield is going to have a maximum of 21" in the full up position.:waving:

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

FYI, according to Cee Bailey windshields, the following is from their site about the stock GL1500 shield.
Specifications: Original height is 27” tall from bottom to top center off the bike. Width measures 30” just below the top of the shield.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.