Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GL1500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GL1500 that I bought in January. It has a Tulsa windshield on it that is 4” over stock. This windshield was great in the winter, but now that the heat is on I need something shorter. Until I get a stock screen, I decided to take the screen off today. I got it off with no trouble, but as I was putting everything back together the right turn signal came on and it won’t turn off. (I had left the key turned to the first click from off. When I turn the key off the turn signal goes off).
It won’t cut off with the switch and the left signal will flash if I turn it on. I didn’t do anything to the turn signals. I pulled the rubber back by the mirrors, moved the trim ring, unscrewed the chrome fairing and took the screen off.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Sounds lIke you may have hit the 4 way flasher and the left one isn’t working

Reactions: redwing52

·
Registered
1995 GL1500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds lIke you may have hit the 4 way flasher and the left one isn’t working
That was it! Thank you very much. I didn’t even know it had 4-way flashers. Now I have to figure out why the left one isn’t working, but that ain’t gonna stop me from riding.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Well you may not know the signals cancel themselves,on turning or changing lanes,on changing lanes it will flash 10 times but on turning it’s speed and distance,I THINK
Mke how you doing up north,summer finally here in Texas

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Well you may not know the signals cancel themselves,on turning or changing lanes,on changing lanes it will flash 10 times but on turning it’s speed and distance,I THINK
Mke how you doing up north,summer finally here in Texas
I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. The weather is beautiful but I have been busy so not too much riding yet. Just to go pick up parts. :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,202 Posts
On that windshield, I have had two of those, and in the summer they are murder.

Investigate a MADSTAD, I do believe that you will really like it.
Depending on conditions, I lower it all the way to the bottom, about 4 inches above the dash.

or, if need be, I pull it up high so that I can either see thru it, or sit up straight and see over it...
either way, the wind-stream always goes over your head... but this depends on the Tilt Angle...

it is a great windshield.

·
Registered
1995 GL1500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, after a 250 mile ride yesterday, I can say "some kind of windshield is necessary". The front fairing push a bunch of air up into your head without something there. At one point we got on I-20 East and there must have been a heck of a head wind because it was all i could do to keep my head looking straight ahead at 70 mph. We got off of I-20 and took back roads until we could get on I-95 South. I did not get the same overwhelming wind on I-95.

The good side is, I did not get hot while riding. I ordered a stock size windshield from Ebay that should be in by Friday. That should be enough to keep from getting slammed, but give me enough air to keep me cool.

·
Registered
1995 GL1500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tall windshield has an air vent in it, but not much air comes through it. If I had ridden 50 miles yesterday with the tall windshield on, I would have been sweating like a pig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts