Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

as you may or may not know I was in a wreak a few weeks back and have been waiting on the insurance to settle up, well they settled and I have put the new parts on. I took her out and found another problem, my brake pedal had bent under the pedal and was stuck (no I didnt see it) I was about a quarter of a mile down the rode when this became evident. I pulled the clutch in and she stopped hard

anyway got the brake freed up and now she wont go. I can feel her catch first but its like I have the clutch pulled in all the time.

when my car did this my clutch had shattered.

any thing to try before tearing into her?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

What kind of crash was it? (eg Impact on front of bike? rear? side?)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I had a ultra classic ride up my rear and land on top of me and the wing. destroyed saddlebags and trunk bent the brake pedal sheared of the foot pegs and running boards cracked the fairing the insurance wanted to total it but I got them to agree to fixing it.
it 25-30ft on its side gouging out ruts in the ashalt
lucky to be alive I guess

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

nothing? come on guys there has got to something I can try

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

check to see if the bolt through the shifter is sheared, do you know its not going into gear? could it be the drive to the rear wheel broken?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

check to see if the bolt through the shifter is sheared, do you know its not going into gear? could it be the drive to the rear wheel broken?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but do you think there was enough drag on the clutch to burn it up? Sounds like it was working super hard to pull against the brakes. Maybe an oil change would help the clutch plates? Also, I'd check the clutch hydraulic system for air. Man, I hope you find something simple. jimsjinx

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear of the run over and yes you were saved by the Grace of God!
Did you look at the clutch slave cylinder? Has the clutch fluid been changed in the past year? That could be bad/low fluid. If it's brown and nasty in the master cyl then you need to pull apart the master and the slave cyl as they will be plugged with gunk and have to be clean to operate properly. Had to do it to mine as it had sat for a couple years and the fluid hadn't been changed in a while either, very nasty brown/red color.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Let's hope your not in the same fix as I am with a bent shift fork... Sounds like an easy fix? Not so...as it required splitting the engine block to fix.

I found it easier and cheaper to locate an engine off ebayand replace the whole engine... (Runing into other complications now though.)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

well I ran some seafoam in the crankcase changed the oil bled the clutch I can fell her slipping into gear but she doesnt catch.
the oil had 700 miles on it but smelt and looked like it hadnt been changed in years. I'm pretty convinced that I have burnt my plates slap up.
anybody have any idea how much it's gonna cost me at the shop to get her fixed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.