·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy all:
cpl of qucik questions?
bike is a 1997SE

Whats the best approach to converting the cornering lights to full time running lights

Has anyone ever done a Fuel Inj conversion onto a 1500

And has anyone ran the tulsa belly pan, i am waiting on one to get here to install

Thanks all,

Troy

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Where are all the "Gurus"???? :stumped: Heres a man in trouble and asked a few questions at 14.32hrs on the 3rd Sept '05 and still no answer. :whip:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

It's Saturday Redwing, and Labor day weekend over here. Everyone is out riding. :jumper: I'm just in for a bite to eat then gone again.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Never heard of a fuel injection modification for the 1500. Vic and the guys over at the Goldwing Backyard Bar and Grille have been working on a system for the 1200.

There are a couple on this forum who've installed the belly pan, as far as I can tell, the jury is out on this one.

There arekits to convert the cornering lights to running lights, check out eBay and some of the Goldwing parts purveyors. Google Goldwing running lights.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

I have a 99 Aspencade and it did not come with any lights in the hole where you're corning lights are located, but... I bought the Show Chrome aka Big Bike Parts running lights, cut out the hole, installed them and all is well. Mostly. They're not the most quality kit of parts. The light kit was about $90 and it didn't come with the chrome rim around the lights, that was an extra $35. Because they are made out of thin plastic that has been chromed, the vacuum packed nature of the thing warped one of them. I had to "glue" it in place with some clear rubber cement. That worked. Now about the "bulb"... both of them burned out in 3 months and they each cost $5.95.

I should mention that it is a two filament bulb even though you use only one. So I was able to slightly force the bulb back in to the holder in a 180 degree rotation so I can use the second filament. The bulb is keyed so it should only go in one way but you can work around that. Still, that's a LOT of plastic to take off every 3 months to replace or rotate your bulb. I found a web page that shows how to change out the bulb and socket to a standard auto light and I plan to do that mod this winter when there is no riding time to miss out on.

They come on with the headlights, so my second time in I installed a switch to turn them on and off manually, but of course leaving them off is not the solution to saving bulb life. Seems there is no other light kit to buy so the options are limited.

Mike C

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

MikeC wrote:
... I found a web page that shows how to change out the bulb and socket to a standard auto light and I plan to do that mod this winter when there is no riding time to miss out on.

...Mike C
Please post a link

I've found the same issue with keeping the bulbs alive, this sounds like the best idea.

The conversion to driving lights if you have the cornering lights involve only a little bit of wiring, probably changing the lens and pointing the bulb down the road, or buying the Showchrome kit and upgrading the bulb holder and bulb.

Driving lights are available, add on, they fit right below the fairing, couple of different varieties exist.

Whatsamatter with you computer controlled carburetor ?

Not enough vacuum hoses, solenoids, air shot pots, reed valves, ECM, and so forth.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
It's Saturday Redwing, and Labor day weekend over here. Everyone is out riding. :jumper: I'm just in for a bite to eat then gone again.
Hey fatalattraction :stumped: thats fine for you, but all these "Gurus" dont get a saturday off. :jumper:They have a rotation roster which must be rigidly adhered to. :weightlifter:These guys are on huge money.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Please post a link

Here 'ya go.

http://www.thumpernator.com/lightmod.htm

The only mod to this mod I will be making is that I'll look for a bulb that can fit through the back of the reflector. Taking the front lens off is going to be too much work... unless I switch the light to one of the LEDs that will last forever. I don't expect these to throw a lot of light for night driving, I just want the cagers to see me better...

Hope this helps

Mike C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.