Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an experienced rider and ride two-up most of the time on a 1997 GL1500A Roadsmith trike conversion and have no desire to see through any windshield. If you like to use a see-through windshield, that is fine by me but I don't and I am only looking for input from folks who have experience with windshields for the 1500 that they can look over. I am 5'9". There are probably a number that will work just fine and most folks who buy one of these will say the brand they bought is the best thing since sliced bread. I am kind of hoping to hear from folks who have tried two of the three or perhaps even 3 of the 3 I mention and compare them so I can get a real subjective opinion. I have seen all three of these shields get glowing reviews but would like owners who have tried two or more to comment:

1. Cee Bailey standard or -2
2. Wind Bender HP or ST
3. National Cycle VStream
4. Other I may have missed

If you have or had the Cee Bailey, did you use a vent? If so, was it an OEM type vent or their open/fixed vent? I not only want to see OVER the shield for safety reasons but my passenger's comfort is my top priority. The vent relieves pressure behind the shield and decreases passenger turbulance. I have already purchased Baker hand wings in anticipation of a shorter shield as well. My last bike was a GL1800 w/stock shield and I looked over that shield in its low position and with Baker hand shields and a KuryAkyn airfoil knocked out virtually all passenger buffeting but had to keep the vent a tad as well. My trike currently has a Tulsa tall windshield and I have a stock windshield which I cut down but too short (14" to top from trim and too much wind comes straight over the shield; we both wear open face 3/4 helmets).

Thanks in advance.

wiredgeorge TX Hill Country

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I actually like that shield, but I would go with the Slipstreamer oem replacement for about half the price. On my 1200 you can easily see over it. And if it gets scratched up (or gets covered in bugs that won't come off) it's not that expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Not sure on the others but i just bought a National Cycle Vstream & am very disappointed with it. It was supposed to be stock height & at lowest setting the top edge is still at least 4 inches over line of sight. I am 5'11" tall, with stock height I should have been able to see over easily I wanted something to see over also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.