Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an experienced rider and ride two-up most of the time on a 1997 GL1500A Roadsmith trike conversion and have no desire to see through any windshield. If you like to use a see-through windshield, that is fine by me but I don't and I am only looking for input from folks who have experience with windshields for the 1500 that they can look over. I am 5'9". There are probably a number that will work just fine and most folks who buy one of these will say the brand they bought is the best thing since sliced bread. I am kind of hoping to hear from folks who have tried two of the three or perhaps even 3 of the 3 I mention and compare them so I can get a real subjective opinion. I have seen all three of these shields get glowing reviews but would like owners who have tried two or more to comment:

1. Cee Bailey standard or -2
2. Wind Bender HP or ST
3. National Cycle VStream
4. Other I may have missed

If you have or had the Cee Bailey, did you use a vent? If so, was it an OEM type vent or their open/fixed vent? I not only want to see OVER the shield for safety reasons but my passenger's comfort is my top priority. The vent relieves pressure behind the shield and decreases passenger turbulance. I have already purchased Baker hand wings in anticipation of a shorter shield as well. My last bike was a GL1800 w/stock shield and I looked over that shield in its low position and with Baker hand shields and a KuryAkyn airfoil knocked out virtually all passenger buffeting but had to keep the vent a tad as well. My trike currently has a Tulsa tall windshield and I have a stock windshield which I cut down but too short (14" to top from trim and too much wind comes straight over the shield; we both wear open face 3/4 helmets).

Thanks in advance.

wiredgeorge TX Hill Country

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.