Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my second GL1500. On both of them, the snap-on cover over the triple-tree and ignition switch was not aligned enough to put the cover around the switch. Therefore, the cover is never secure. It is loose at the top, around the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
might be a problem with the upper fairing stay-fairing alingment

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I am on my second GL1500. On both of them, the snap-on cover over the triple-tree and ignition switch was not aligned enough to put the cover around the switch. Therefore, the cover is never secure. It is loose at the top, around the ignition switch.
The ring that fits around the ignition stem fit in an oversized hole. You can move that as needed. The 3 tongues should secure the cover by fitting in 3 slots.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
333 Posts
Of the three GL1500's I have owned, the only one that had that problem had it after I hit a deer. I had the bike repaired which included replacing the fairing stay and once again the alignment was good.

Are the wings you have owned been second or third hand wings? If so, you probably have no idea what had happened before you took ownership. If not, then the bike has somehow had a blow to the fairing that bent the fariring stay and has messed with the alignment.

·
1,768 Posts
If your radio isnt mounted correct in the top shelter you will see this problem .( the top shelter is to high and push the cover for ignition switch out of allignment ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts